Congressman Brian Higgins (NY-27) announced the September schedule for his Congress on Your Corner program, which provides local residents with access to the Congressman’s office through satellite office hours at locations in the district. Over 600 Congress on Your Corner events have been held over the last five years and another 135 outreach events are scheduled for 2011.
“Our office is always here to help and listen but since traveling to our office in Jamestown can be difficult for some, we come to neighborhoods across Chautauqua County to make direct access easy and convenient for residents,” said Congressman Higgins.
Congress on Your Corner provides constituents the opportunity to talk directly with someone from Congressman Higgins’ office about issues related to Social Security, the Veteran’s Administration, passports, or other federal matters. Residents are encouraged to visit a satellite site to share their concerns, questions, and ideas with a representative from Congressman Higgins’ office.
The September schedule is as follows:
Friday, September 2
- 9:00 – 11:00am: Portland Town Hall, 87 West Main Street
- 11:30 – Noon: Herbert Star Apartment, 54 Central Ave., Brocton
- 1:00 – 3:00pm: Dunkirk City Hall, 2nd Floor Mayor’s Conference Room
Friday, September 9
- 1:00 – 3:00pm: Fredonia Village Hall, 2nd Floor Trustees Room
Friday, September 16
- 9:00 – 11:00am: Westfield Village Hall, North Room Eason Hall 23 Elm Street
- 1:00 – 3:00pm: Mayville Community Ctr., 2 Academy Street, Sidney B. Compton Room
Wednesday, September 21
- 9:00 – 11:00am: Lakewood Village Hall, 20 W. Summit Street
- 1:00 – 3:00pm: Mina, Findley Lake Community Center, 2883 North Road
Friday, September 23
- 9:00 – 11:00am: Forestville Fire Hall, 18 Chestnut Street
- 11:30 – Noon: Sinclairville Fire Hall, 30 Naub Street
- 1:00 – 3:00pm: Silver Creek, VFW, 13 Main Street
Tuesday, September 27
- 11:30 – Noon: Westfield YWCA, 58 South Portage Street
Residents can also continue to reach Congressman Higgins’ office in Chautauqua County from 9am to 5pm Monday through Friday at 2 East Second Street in Jamestown in person or by telephone at 716-484-1049.