The local Bee newspapers all have a police blotter section of calls that people make to 911. Some of these calls are interesting. My favorites among the best of the calls highlighted in 2011 are:
- An Amherst resident told police that she saw gold-colored aliens in the distance on Chestnut Ridge Road. She told officers that the aliens were sitting in a parked vehicle with red and yellow flashing lights.
- A woman called police complaining that firefighters responding to a fire alarm in her house wouldn’t remove their boots.
- A man called police because his wife’s car was blocking his in the driveway and she refused to move it.
- A woman reported that her 16 year old child stole her credit card and used it to buy a car.
- A 911 hang up call turned out to be a 5 year old trying to call the Easter Bunny.
- A man said that as he exited his driveway, his neighbor , who was on a tractor gave him the finger.
- A resident reported that someone keeps stuffing a hair weave into her vehicle’s muffler.
- A resident reported that there was a suspicious man driving a lawnmower in her backyard. The woman’s husband had apparently hired a lawn service but had neglected to tell his wife.
- A man reported that his girlfriend slept until 2 and hadn’t fed him.
- A man wearing only his underwear was seen walking over a thruway bridge carrying a gas can.
Which one of these is your favorite? Some where tonight police will be responding to interesting calls like the above. Happy New Year!