Wegmans has announced a freeze on prices for more than 60 products families buy most during the summer months, effective Sunday, April 29 through August 25. This means that even if costs go up for these products, Wegmans will not increase the retail price during this period. (Counting all flavors/varieties, the total number of items – SKUs – affected is 254.)
This move immediately follows the expiration of Wegmans’ winter list, introduced in January, with prices guaranteed through April 28.
“People are more hopeful about the economy, but gas prices remain a huge concern,” says President Colleen Wegman. “Customers have told us that it gives them peace of mind to know that prices won’t change for an extended period of time. It helps with planning and budgeting, and they are saving enough on groceries to more than offset the extra they are paying at the fuel pump.”
Wegmans’ summer list includes 62 products and clearly reflects the change in customer shopping patterns once warmer weather hits. It includes such things as condiments, hot dog and hamburger rolls, marinated chicken breast, Italian sausage, littleneck clams, fresh salad greens, sunscreen, and over-the-counter allergy medications. The list is almost exclusively made up of Wegmans brand products, because Wegmans can be more aggressive with pricing for their own brand.
- Club Pack Boneless Chicken Breast
- Club Pack Marinated Boneless Chicken Breast
- Club Pack Pork Shoulder
- Club Pack Italian Classics Hot and Mild Sausage
- 1 pound Baby Cut Carrots
- 1 pound Salad Mix
- Wegmans Organic Spring Mix 16 oz.
- Wegmans Organic Spinach and Field Mix 11 oz.
- Wegmans Organic Baby Spinach 11 oz.
- 6 Pack Green Peppers – Club Pack
- 3 Pack Seedless Cukes – Club Pack
- Quart Grape Tomatoes – Club Pack
- Club Pack Wegmans Frozen Salmon 2 lb bag
- Club Pack Wegmans Frozen Tilapia 2 lb bag
- Club Pack Wegmans Frozen Haddock 2 lb bag
- Club Pack Wegmans Swai Fillets 2 lb bag
- 50 Count Wegmans Littleneck Clams
- Wegmans FYFGA Canned Vegetables 14.5 – 15.25 oz.
- Wegmans Cereal 11.5 – 20 oz. Select Varieties
- Wegmans Mac & Cheese 6 – 7.25oz
- Wegmans FYFGA Fruit Bowls 16 oz.
- Wegmans FYFGA Pasta Sauce 24 oz
- Wegmans Italian Classic Pasta Sauce 15 – 24 oz
- Wegmans Pasta 1 lb. (Spaghetti, Thin Spaghetti, Rigatoni)
- Wegmans Elbow Pasta 16oz
- Wegmans MVP Sports Drink 32 oz.
- Wegmans Organic Lemonades 64 fl. oz.
- Wegmans Salad Dressings – 26 sku’s 16oz
- Wegmans Mayonnaise 30oz
- Wegmans Ketchup 40 oz.
- Wegmans BBQ Sauces 19 – 20 oz
- Wegmans BBQ & Baked Beans 20 – 28oz
- Wegmans Club Pack 10 Pack Facial Tissue 850 ct.
- Wegmans Club Pack 12 Roll Paper Towels 1,848 ct.
- Wegmans Club Pack 30 Roll Bath Tissue 9,000 ct.
- Wegmans Punches/Lemonade Drinks – 5 Items 64 fl.oz.
- Wegmans Premium Orange Juice 64 oz (FYFGA)
- Wegmans 9 oz Cold Cuts
- Wegmans Blended/Fruit on the Bottom Yogurt 6 oz.
- Wegmans Processed Sliced Cheese Food, 12 oz
- Wegmans Greek Yogurt, 6 oz
- Wegmans Frozen Pizza 28.2 – 31.5 oz
- Wegmans Waffles 12.3 oz
- Wegmans Frozen Chicken Strips,Fillets,Nuggets 20 – 24 oz
- Wegmans Ice Cream Sandwiches 42 oz 12 ct
- Wegmans Frozen Vegetables Reg & Steamables 12 – 16 oz
- Wegmans Organic Steamable Vegetables 12 oz
COLD CUTS & CHEESE
- Wegmans 97% Fat Free Ham
- Wegmans 98% Fat Free Turkey
- Wegmans American Cheese
- Wunderbar Bologna
HEALTH & BEAUTY CARE
- Topcare Cetirizine (Zyrtec) 30 ct.
- Topcare Fexofenadine (Allegra) 30 ct.
- Topcare Loratadine (Claritin) 30 ct.
- Topcare Diphenhydramine (Benadryl) 100 ct.
- WB Continuous Spray 2pk with Stick Suncare Club
- WB Suncreen Lotion 6 oz.
- Wegmans Giant Bread 22 oz
- Wegmans Club Pack Hots and Hamburger Rolls 28 oz
- Wegmans soft 100% whole wheat bread or white whole grain bread 20-21 oz
- Wegmans Sandwich Thins (White, Multi Grain, 100% Whole Wheat) 12 oz
Colleen Wegman also made a point of reiterating the company’s overall commitment to low prices. “We can’t freeze prices on every product we sell, but it’s important to say that beyond this list, we will keep prices low. Our prices on the products families buy week in and out are 10 to 15% lower than other supermarkets.”