If you’re anything like me, you know that fresh delicious sweet corn is the ultimate summer side dish. If you want to make it even better, try delicious sweet corn that’s been soaked in delicious beer, and then grilled to perfection. You won’t regret it.
4 ears of corn
2 beers (about 24 oz)
1. Shuck the corn, removing the husks and white silk stuff
2. Wash the corn and pat it dry with a paper towel
3. Place the corn in a dish or a large freezer bag and pour beer over it, covering the corn
4. Set in the fridge for at least 6 – 8 hours – overnight is best
5. Drain the corn & place it on a hot grill, turning frequently until it’s done and the kernels give easily under pressure (about 5 minutes)
Note: If you’d rather use a smoker, just preheat it to 250°, place the corn on the racks, and stack the racks in the smoker. Cook for 1 to 2 hours, turning every 20 minutes or so.
I’d suggest a specific beer to use but there are so many great flavors out there to experiment with, I can’t in good conscience limit your culinary creativity.
I’ve personally tried this tactic three times so far, with three different beer styles, and not one of them has disappointed.
If you have enough beer leftover for the cook, and the meal, you can’t go wrong. Enjoy!