AMHERST, NY- The Amherst Chamber of Commerce has officially opened nominations for its annual Business of the Year awards dinner sponsored by M&T Bank. The awards dinner will take place at the Buffalo Niagara Marriott on Monday, October 29, 2012.
Nominations will close on Monday, August 27, 2012. Visit www.amherst.org to submit your nomination electronically for the following categories:
- Business of the Year– Celebrates a company with a history of long-standing success and significant economic contributions to the region. This company makes a tremendously positive impact on the Western New York area as a whole and is woven into the socioeconomic landscape of the region itself.
- Commitment to Excellence– Honors a firm or agency that performs its function in a superior manner and provides measurable value in the community.
- Community Service– Recognizes a company that demonstrates a commitment to community service through its corporate, financial and leadership support.
- Frank Ciminelli Lifetime Inspiration Award– Honors an individual who has spent their life promoting the economic vitality of the entire Western New York region with integrity and passion.
- Health & Health Services– Acknowledges a firm committed to excellence in the medical service field, demonstrating exceptional service to its patients and responsibility in the community.
- Innovation Award– Recognizes a company that goes beyond the industry standard to advance their product or service through the use of cutting-edge practices and/or strategic integration of technology.
- Revitalization Award– Honors a company that has dedicated its resources to redeveloping a part of the community with the goal of enhancing the quality of life in the region as a whole.
- Stewardship Award– Acknowledges a civic entrepreneur who works to build a vibrant and globally competitive region.
- Woman of Distinction – Honors a female executive who has excelled in her field and continues to provide the Western New York region with leadership, professionalism and community engagement.
Submit your application today! Nominations are due by Monday, August 27, 2012. For a hardcopy of the nomination ballot or for more information, please call the Amherst Chamber of Commerce at 632-6905.