@ New York Jets
Sun, 09/09 at 1:00 PM EDT
Away: MetLife Stadium
- Last time the Bills opened the season against the Jets was in 2002. That was the infamous Chad Morton game. That was actually the first game I watched after moving to NYC. Yes, I wanted to torch the city after that one.
- Since 2002, the Bills have only won three times in NYC NJ.
- Last time the Bills beat the Jets in NYC NJ was in 2009.
- Best Bills/Jets game: Gotta be Kelly to Mueller in the back of the end zone in 1990. It was during a 3-week span in which the Bills were trailing the Raiders/Broncos and won on crazy plays in the 4th quarter. Excluding the playoffs, it was probably the most exciting 3-week span in team history.
- Fitzpatrick has never beaten the Jets as a starter and has a rating of 71.1 against them.
- Random stat: Mario Williams has two career sacks against the Jets.
- This game scares me. I know the talk is that we need to crap all over the Jets because they have Tebow and the team is imploding, but cue the squid guy from Return of The Jedi…ITS A TRAP! I’m going to this game with The Deeg and I’m sure there will be tons of venom towards us from their fans. Can’t wait. I’m going to fight people and relive a youth I wish I had…and that’s being a tough guy bully. Where the hell was I? Oh, right. This game. I think the key is how well the Bills’ offense moves against the Jets. The Bills have had their issues with the Jets defense in the past. Take out last year’s game when the offense scored 24 points in the Stevie celebration game, and the Bills offense has scored 16, 13, 14, 7, and 11 points in five games against the J-E-T-S. I think this will be close.
- Result: 17-16, Jets (Note: I will be kicked out of this game)
- Record: 0-1