Laura Cassidy sent me this article. It’s funny how, according to polls, Americans hate Congress, but can’t wait to show up and vote for their Congressperson. Warren Buffett believes Congress could fix the national debt in five minutes if their careers were threatened.
Congress and all political positions were never intended to be careers by the Founding Fathers. Elected officials were supposed to serve for a few years and then go back to their jobs. We all know how that has worked out. Buffett has proposed what he calls the Congressional Reform Act of 2012. He is encouraging everyone to email his points to at least 20 recipients. He has some interesting ideas. It would be nice if people realized that these crooks work for us and not the corporations who currently control them. Here is Buffett’s message in it’s entirety…
Congressional Reform Act of 2012
1. NO Tenure/NO Pension
A Congressman/woman collects a salary while in office and receives NO pay when they’re out of office.
2. Congress (past, present & future) participates in Social Security.
All funds in the Congressional retirement fund move to the Social Security system immediately.
All future funds flow into the Social Security system, and Congress participates with the American people.
It may not be used for any other purpose.
3. Congress can purchase their own retirement plan, just as all Americans do.
4. Congress will no longer vote themselves a pay raise.
Congressional pay will rise by the lower of CPI or 3%.
5. Congress loses their current health care system and participates in the same health care system as the American people.
6. Congress must equally abide by all laws they impose on the American people.
7. All contracts with past and present Congressmen/women are void effective 12/1/12.
The American people did not make this contract with Congressmen/women.
Congress made all these contracts for themselves.
Serving in Congress is an honor, not a career.
The Founding Fathers envisioned citizen legislators, so ours should serve their term(s), then go home and back to work.
If each person contacts a minimum of twenty people then it will only take three days for most people (in the U.S. ) to receive the message. Don’t you think it’s time?
THIS IS HOW YOU FIX CONGRESS!
If you agree, pass it on.
We’re ALL in this mess together … it’s up to us to fix it