Free Thursday lineup – concerts start at 6 p.m.
- June 9: Charles Bradley & His Extraordinaires
- June 16: Frank Turner with special guests July Talk
- June 23: Public Enemy
- June 30: Frankie Ballard
- July 7: Dweezil Zappa Plays Frank Zappa
- July 14: Shakey Graves and Preservation Hall Jazz Band & Wild Child
- July 21: The Arcs and Mariachi Flor De Toloache
- July 28: BPO “A Tribute to David Bowie”
- August 4: Tritonal
- August 11: Lowest of the Low and Serena Ryder
- August 18: Coolio
- August 25: Claypool Lennon Delirium
All the concerts are free to attend but Canalside will be offering VIP tickets again this year for $55 per concert. The VIP tickets include:
- 3 FREE glasses of beer/wine/pop/water with discounted drinks after the initial three.
- Light appetizers and finger foods from our new VIP Tent caterer 716 Food and Sport.
- Private bathrooms.
- Front of stage viewing area.
- Access to the new, custom built 100 foot by 40 foot VIP tent with seating and lawn games.
- A souvenir 2016 Free Thursday Canalside Concert cup.
In addition, two new musical programs will premiere at Canalside this summer: the Buffalo Roots Series, five evenings dedicated to exploring and celebrating the diverse cultures of Buffalo’s neighborhoods created with the help of The Buffalo World Music and Dance Academy and Arts Service Initiative; and Cultural Connections, which will blend two varying arts & culture programs together to create a fusion experience for patrons to enjoy. Both of these programs will take place on select Fridays throughout the summer:
- June 10
- July 1
- July 15
- August 12
- August 26
- September 2
- September 9
A special thanks to the following partners and sponsors: Erie Canal Harbor Development Corporation, City of Buffalo, Spectra, Arts Services Initiative of Western New York, Labatt USA, Try-It Distributing, Cricket Wireless, Greater Buffalo Area Honda Dealership, Buffalo Medical Group, Seneca Buffalo Creek Casino, Pepsi, Copa DiVino, The Public, WKBW – Ch.7, 716 Food & Sport, M.P. Carroll, Ticketfly and FunTime Presents.
That’s not all! Canalside also will host six other ticketed concerts produced by local radio stations and promoters that includes:
- Friday, June 17: Stage One Live presents “The Bad Boy Reunion” featuring Grammy award winning R&B/hip hop artists Faith Evans, 112, Carl Thomas, and Total.
- Sunday, June 19: Kiss 98.5’s Kiss the Summer Hello 2016 featuring Meghan Trainor, Iggy Azalea, Magic!, Troye Sivan, Melanie Martinez, and Jonas Blue.
- Tuesday, June 21: Twenty One Pilots Emotional Roadshow concert (SOLD OUT).
- Saturday, July 23: 107.7/104.7 Alternative Buffalo’s Kerfuffle 2016 featuring Violent Femmes, AWOLNATION, Bloc Party, Coleman Hell, Death From Above 1979, Madisen Ward and the Mama Bear, The Moth & The Flame, PVRIS and The Strumbellas.
- Friday, July 29 and Saturday, July 30: Buffalo Ribfest presented by Townsquare Live Events, 93.7 WBLK the People’s Station, Country 106.5 WYRK, MIX 96, 92.9 JACK-FM and Fichte Endl & Elmer Eyecare. The two day festival features national rib vendors including Bad Wolf BBQ, Cowboys BBQ, Fine Smoke, Pork Brothers, and Johnson’s BBQ; local food trucks and rib vendors; and live music both days with national headliners and some local acts as well.
- Sunday, July 31: 103.3 The Edge Edgefest featuring Deftones and City and Colour with guests Sam Roberts Band, Joywave, Tokyo Police Club, The Joy Formidable, Best Coast and Holy White Hounds.