He hates to be the bearer of bad news but your Representative in Congress doesn’t think there is anything we can do to prevent a tragedy like what took place Wednesday in Florida.
Really dipshit? Of course we can’t prevent all tragedy from occurring, but we sure as hell can do something to reduce the risks when it comes to mass shootings in our country!
Granted, we aren’t a useless congressman like yourself Mr. Collins, but here’s a quick list of 5 we made just off the top our our heads…
Just spit-balling but:
1. Gun safety: Establish a culture of gun safety and stop taking money from the NRA.
2. Better Mental health treatment: Ensure accessible, high quality, culturally competent and widely accessed mental health treatment in the implementation of the Affordable Care Act.
3. Sensible gun laws: Ban high capacity magazines, expand the 24 hour gun background check to make it universal, and reinstitute the assault weapons ban immediately.
4. Public health solutions: Similar to the opioid crisis, recognize gun violence as a critical and preventable public health problem.
5. Unshackle the CDC: Restore the CDC’s freedom to study this issue and provide science-based guidance.
As our country reels from this terrible tragedy, we must vow to change our culture and our policies and to stop this cycle of violence. We should be able to send our children to first grade, pray in our houses of worship, shop in our local malls and walk through our streets and neighborhoods without being shot.