“Take the first step to a world without Alzheimer’s.”
Join us and many more active participants in America’s largest Alzheimer’s event, as we donate and walk together to raise awareness for Alzheimer’s research right here at Premier Genesee!
What is the Alzheimer’s Association Walk to End Alzheimer’s™?
– It’s the nation’s largest event to raise awareness and funds for Alzheimer’s research, care and support. There are 5 Walks across WNY.
Where do the funds go?
– All funds raised through Walk to End Alzheimer’s further the care, support and research efforts of the Alzheimer’s Association. The Alzheimer’s Association is a nonprofit 501(c)3 organization. All donations are tax-deductible as allowed by law.
Do I have to register in order to Walk?
– Yes, we want to know you’re walking with us and need every walker to sign a standard waiver through their official registration. There is no registration fee for Walk. However, we ask every walker to make a personal donation and commit to raising funds in the fight against Alzheimer’s.
How do I register?
– Simply click the “ticket” link we’ve provided on this Event page. Once the Walk site is displayed, click on REGISTER and you will be directed through the registration process. You may walk as an individual, start a team or join an existing team. Registration forms are available for download on the Printable Forms page. If you don’t want to register online, call 800.272.3900 and a registration form will be mailed to you. Pre-registration is strongly encouraged but you can also register on the day of the Walk at our on-site registration table. All Walks begin registration at 9am.
Do I need to register my children for Walk?
– Yes, children should register. Parents/guardians can register children online or complete an offline registration form and sign the waiver on behalf of the child.
Does every walker get a T-shirt?
– Every registered participant will receive a T-shirt after achieving the fundraising minimum of $100. T-shirts will be available for pick up on Walk day. Walkers who raise $500 by Walk day will be recognized in our Champions Club. Walkers who raise $1000 by Walk day will be recognized in our Grand Champion Club.
***Additional incentives are available based upon the level of fundraising. If you qualify you will be contacted by year’s end.