Ron Goldman’s father files claim against O.J. Simpson’s estate

LAS VEGAS (KLAS) — Fred Goldman, the father of Ron Goldman, filed a creditor’s claim Thursday against the estate of O.J. Simpson for $117 million, NewsNation affiliate KLAS has learned.

Simpson, a football star and celebrity acquitted of the 1994 murders of his ex-wife, Nicole Brown Simpson, and her friend, Ron Goldman, died on April 10 at the age of 76.

In 1997, a California judge found Simpson liable for their deaths in a civil case and ordered he pay the families $33.5 million. Fred Goldman’s claim filed in Clark County District Court on Thursday includes nearly $21 million of interest accrued since a third renewed judgment was filed in the case in 2022. The total consists of the balance and interest – none of which Simpson nor his estate has ever paid.

FILE – This May 20, 2014, file photo shows Fred Goldman, father of murder victim Ron Goldman, in his home in Peoria, Ariz. Fred Goldman has relentlessly pursued O.J. Simpson through civil courts, maintaining it is the only way to achieve justice for his son. Goldman’s family has seized some of Simpson’s memorabilia, including his 1968 Heisman Trophy as college football’s best player that year. (AP Photo/Matt York, File)

In 2021, a Las Vegas judge ordered Simpson to pay the Goldmans nearly $58 million.

After his death, Simpson’s long-time attorney, Malcolm LaVergne, was tasked to handle his trust and estate. In June, LaVergne petitioned a judge for permission to sell Simpson’s “unique and high-profile personal property through auction houses, waiving the usual requirement for court confirmation to maximize the estate’s value for creditors and interested parties,” documents said.

Items potentially to be auctioned off include a Heisman Trophy, golf clubs, Simpson’s car and driver’s license, LaVergne said, adding it was unclear if the trophy was authentic.

FILE - In this Oct. 3, 1995 file photo, attorney Johnnie Cochran Jr. holds O.J. Simpson as the not guilty verdict is read in a Los Angeles courtroom during his trial in Los Angeles. Defense attorneys F. Lee Bailey, left, Robert Kardashian look on. Simpson, the decorated football superstar and Hollywood actor who was acquitted of charges he killed his former wife and her friend but later found liable in a separate civil trial, has died. He was 76. (Myung J. Chun/Los Angeles Daily News via AP, Pool, File)
FILE – In this Oct. 3, 1995 file photo, attorney Johnnie Cochran Jr. holds O.J. Simpson as the not guilty verdict is read in a Los Angeles courtroom during his trial in Los Angeles. (Myung J. Chun/Los Angeles Daily News via AP, Pool, File)

A hearing on LaVergne’s request was scheduled for Friday. It was not immediately clear when a judge could hear Fred Goldman’s claim.

Simpson’s death certificate said he died from prostate cancer, which metastasized to his bones. The document said he had the cancer for a year.

Related articles

Republicans made a ‘tacit admission’ about midterms — and it could blow up in their face



A conservative columnist warned on Monday that her Republican colleagues just made a "tacit admission" about the 2026 midterms that could blow up in their face.

S.E. Cupp, a columnist for CNN, said during a segment on "The Source" with host Kaitlan Collins that Republicans have all but admitted that they don't stand a chance during the midterms with their push for mid-cycle redistricting. While those efforts seem to have paid off so far, Cupp warned that they could energize the Democratic base in a way that thwarts all the time Republicans spent trying to rig the election in their favor.

"Here's the thing that I think is important to point out if you care about democracy," Cupp said. "The republicans have done what they've done because they've been allowed to. But it's also a tacit admission that they know they cannot win without rigging it. They're out of ideas. They're not even attempting to win new voters or win back the voters that they've been losing since gaining them in 2024."

Several Republican states from Texas to Louisiana and Tennessee have adopted new election maps ahead of the midterms in an effort to preserve the Republican majority in the House of Representatives and the Senate.

Cupp warned that voters can see through the Republicans' plans, and that may cause them to backfire in November.

"So this is the giddiness and the crowing I'm seeing from republicans about the state of the redistricting math and how it's helping Republicans," she said. "What they're not saying out loud is what I think a lot of voters can see, which is you had to rig it to make yourself competitive. And I don't even know if this will still make them competitive. They might actually be handing Democrats an advantage by really ginning up that base, firing them up to go and vote."

DOJ’s ‘Anti-Weaponization’ Slush Fund Creates a ‘Profound Loophole’ in the Congressional Appropriations Process

President Donald Trump’s Department of Justice announced the creation of a nearly $1.8 billion fund — dubbed the “Anti-Weaponization Fund”...

It Might Get Loud!: SatchVai Band, Animals As Leaders Tear the Roof Off in Buffalo

SatchVai Band: Surfing With the Hydra, with guests Animals...

New DOJ order ‘forever bars’ US from tax claims against Trump family



The Department of Justice has issued an order permanently barring the United States from pursuing any tax claims or other legal actions against President Donald Trump, his family, his trusts, and his companies, according to a Justice Department document signed Tuesday by Acting Attorney General Todd Blanche.

The order, issued in connection with the settlement of Trump v. Internal Revenue Service, stated, "The United States RELEASES, WAIVES, ACQUITS, and FOREVER DISCHARGES" the plaintiffs and is "FOREVER BARRED and PRECLUDED from prosecuting or pursuing, any and all claims, counterclaims, causes of action, appeals, or requests for any relief" against Trump or related parties.

The settlement agreement had already created what the DOJ calls Trump's "Anti-Weaponization Fund," a $1.776 billion taxpayer-funded pot to compensate people who claim they were politically targeted by previous administrations.

The barred claims include anything that "have been or could have been asserted" against the plaintiffs arising from three categories: matters raised or that could have been raised in the case or pending agency claims; "Lawfare and/or Weaponization"; or "any matters currently pending or that could be pending (including tax returns filed before the Effective Date) before Defendants or other agencies or departments."

The order was first flagged by CBS News reporter Scott MacFarlane.

During testimony on Tuesday, Blanche defended the $1.776 billion fund and was accused of still acting as Trump's personal attorney.

MeidasTouch wrote in reaction, "Trump's personal attorney is at it again."