Israel intends to take control of Gaza: Netanyahu

(NewsNation) — Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu said on Fox News that Israel does intend to take control of the Gaza Strip to remove Hamas.

Netanyahu referred to the plan as one to “liberate” the people of Gaza and said it would “enable the population to be free of Hamas.”

He also said the ultimate plan would be to turn over authority to a civilian government.

His statements come after ceasefire talks faltered. The U.S. recently pulled out of the negotiations, with special envoy Steve Witkoff accusing Hamas of acting in bad faith.

Recent photos showed the extent of destruction in Gaza following an Israeli military campaign that began in October 2023 after Hamas launched an attack on Israel that killed nearly 1,200 people and resulted in around 250 hostages being taken.

Humanitarian groups have warned of mass starvation due to the destruction and reduction of aid getting through to the territory, which has been under Israeli blockade since 2007.

Netanyahu will have to take the proposal to his security council, which is set to convene Thursday evening.

Expanding Israeli presence in Gaza would come as the global community has put pressure on Israel to end the campaign. It would also come after the United Kingdom, France and Canada announced they would recognize a Palestinian state, something most Western countries have not done.

Earlier in the year, President Donald Trump suggested a vision for Gaza that would include the U.S. taking control of the territory, permanently relocating Palestinian residents and turning the area into one populated with resorts.

Just days ago, Trump stated that it would be up to Israel to decide how much of Gaza it wanted to control, a signal that the U.S. would not work to stop Israeli occupation of the Gaza Strip.

Around 50 hostages remain in Gaza, held by Hamas, though many of them are believed to be no longer alive. Families fear that those who are alive could be harmed by Hamas if Israeli military action increases.

Netanyahu did not offer details of the plan, including the actions Israel would take militarily to gain control of the Gaza Strip or how long an occupation could be expected to last.

Related articles

Red state candidate vows to turn ICE centers into prisons for ‘American Zionists’



A controversial Democratic candidate in Texas has proclaimed she would use Immigration and Customs Enforcement centers for a new purpose — to round up "American Zionists."

According to the San Antonio Current, Maureen Galindo, a sex therapist running for Texas' newly-redrawn 35th Congressional District consisting of eastern San Antonio and the exurbs around it, posted to Instagram that she will "turn Karnes ICE Detention Center into a prison for American Zionists and former ICE officers for human trafficking." She added that "it will also be a castration processing center for pedophiles, which will probably be most of the Zionists.”

In her Instagram post, which spanned several pages and ranted against "billionaire Zionists that control San Antonio," she also accused her Democratic primary opponent, Bexar County Sheriff's Deputy Johnny Garcia, of "want[ing] Mexicans and Jews in warehouses." She has previously claimed, with no evidence, that Garcia is part of a human trafficking operation on behalf of Zionists.

Galindo has repeatedly faced accusations of being antisemitic, which she denies, claiming that she supports "the Indigenous Jews (The Semites) of the Middle East" over "the Fake Jews" committing genocide against them.

All of this comes as mainstream Democratic figures in Texas and around the country line up behind Garcia's candidacy.

It also comes as a mysterious PAC with ties to the GOP has worked behind the scenes to boost Galindo to voters in the 35th District, which has been made significantly more Republican-leaning as a result of Texas lawmakers' MAGA-ordered mid-decade redistricting.

Ted Cruz’s inadvertent admission on Fox News brutally mocked by observers



Sen. Ted Cruz (R-TX) was brutally mocked by political analysts and observers after he made an inadvertent admission during an interview on Fox News.

Cruz joined Fox News host Sean Hannity for an interview on Monday, where the two discussed the potential impact of the upcoming midterm elections. Cruz pointed out that Democrats like Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (D-NY) want to pass policies that could stifle entrepreneurial growth in America. However, Cruz may have told too much of the truth in making that point, according to some analysts.

"By the way, AOC also said it is impossible for someone to earn a billion dollars," Cruz said. "Which, look, I recognize for her, given she was a bartender, that is probably true. No disrespect to bartenders. Bartenders are an honorable profession. But she went from that to being a government employee and a parasite sucking on the taxpayer."

Some political analysts and observers called out Cruz for the notable phrase he included in his answer.

"Ted Cruz just called himself a parasite sucking on the taxpayer," Hemant Mehta, a former "Jeopardy!" champion, posted on X.

"Love him calling himself a parasite," comedian Sam Weber posted on X.

"Ted Cruz seems to have forgotten what he is, and what he was," John F. Clark, professor emeritus of media studies at the University of Kentucky, posted on X. "He’s never done anything but go to school, do some lawyering, and then go to work for the government. We need more bartenders and fewer lawyers in Congress."