AKRON MAN PLEADS GUILTY FOR ASSAULTING SHERIFF’S DEPUTY

Erie County District Attorney Michael J. Keane announces that Michael A. Trybuskiewicz, 41, of Akron, pleaded guilty this morning before State Supreme Court Justice Betty Calvo-Torres to one count of Assault in the Second Degree (Class “D” felony). The defendant pleaded guilty to the sole count of the indictment.

On Tuesday, May 14, 2024, at approximately 4:30 p.m., an Erie County Sheriff’s Office deputy saw the defendant, who was wanted on an arrest warrant, driving at the intersection of Route 93 and Route 5 in the Town of Newstead. When the deputy approached the vehicle, the defendant refused the deputy’s commands and placed the vehicle into drive in attempt to flee. The defendant’s actions caused the deputy to be dragged by the vehicle as he drove away. The victim was taken by ambulance to Millard Fillmore Suburban Hospital where he was treated for injuries to his head, shoulder, ankle and elbow. The defendant was later taken into custody by the Genesee County Sheriff’s Office. 

Trybuskiewicz faces a maximum of seven years in prison when he is sentenced on Tuesday, March 25, 2025, at 9:30 a.m. He remains held without bail pending sentence.

DA Keane commends the Erie County Sheriff’s Office for their work in these investigations.  

The case was prosecuted by Assistant District Attorney Megan E. Mahoney of the Felony Trials Bureau. 

Related articles

Fumbling Kristi Noem ends presser when asked whether CPB hit a party balloon with a laser



Homeland Security Secretary Kristi Noem abruptly shut down a news conference Friday after being pressed about reports that Border Patrol officials may have mistakenly targeted party balloons with a high-energy laser, triggering a brief airspace shutdown over El Paso, Texas.

The moment came during a press conference in Phoenix, where a reporter asked Noem to clarify why the Federal Aviation Administration had abruptly closed the airspace over El Paso earlier this week – a decision that was reversed just eight hours later with little explanation.

When the subject came up on Friday, Noem declined to answer directly.

“This was a joint agency task force mission that was undertaken, and we're continuing to work on the communication through that,” Noem said. “But recognize we’re grateful for the partnership of the Department of War and the FAA as we go forward. Thank you.”

As the reporter attempted to follow up, Noem immediately cut off the exchange.

“All right, thanks everybody," she said, abruptly ending the news conference before additional questions could be asked.

According to multiple reports, the closure followed a test by Customs and Border Protection at nearby Fort Bliss of a high-energy laser against suspected foreign drones, which turned out to be party balloons.

Officials from the FAA and the Pentagon are scheduled to meet on Feb. 20 to discuss the technology and its potential risk to civilian aircraft.

Q: Can you confirm that CBP actually hit a party balloon it thought was a drone with a laser? And why wasn't that coordinated with the FAA?KRISTI NOEM: You know, this was a joint agency task force, um, mission that was undertaken. And um, we're continuing to work on communication*ends presser*

[image or embed]
— Aaron Rupar (@atrupar.com) February 13, 2026 at 1:28 PM

Trump’s Latest HEALTH SCAM is FINALLY EXPOSED

In this episode of Ella: Black and Brown...

Trump Oversells Recent U.S. Economic Growth

In the second and third quarters of 2025, the...