Life

Can’t-Miss Vendors at The Broadway Market

Tucked into Buffalo’s historic Broadway-Fillmore neighborhood, the Broadway Market at 999 Broadway may look unassuming from the outside—but step inside during Easter season and...

Sunday News: New offerings join traditonal lineup in Broadway Market’s busiest week

Tradition draws masses to the Broadway Market, but this year 999 Broadway has a basketful of fresh discoveries, too.Shoppers inch through crowds, lining up...

Why Music Matters: Singer/Songwriter Marc Scibilia:

Hey there, music lovers. Welcome to Why Music Matters, a podcast where we examine the power and influence that music can wield in our...

Where the Bands Are: This Week in Live Music and Concert News

(Have a cool concert or interesting event you know about? Email all the info and links to jeffmiersmusic@gmail.com to be considered for inclusion...

Never miss a Sunday @pinktalkingfish show in #Buffalo ✌️❤️🎶

View this post on Instagram A post shared by Buffalo.fm (@buffalo__fm) The post Never miss a Sunday @pinktalkingfish show in #Buffalo ✌️❤️🎶 appeared first...
Buffalo
overcast clouds
75.4 ° F
76.9 °
73.9 °
89%
8.1mph
99%
Mon
81 °
Tue
79 °
Wed
76 °
Thu
80 °
Fri
70 °

Jack Smith Probe Reportedly Continues a Full Year Past Expected End Date — as Trump Admin Guts Watchdog Agencies

Two DOJ watchdog offices have been hit with a “20-year high” in complaints while investigations into those complaints have hit a “20-year low.”

The post Jack Smith Probe Reportedly Continues a Full Year Past Expected End Date — as Trump Admin Guts Watchdog Agencies first appeared on Mediaite.

Governor Hochul Unveils New Investment in New Cardiac Catheterization Lab at Lincoln Hospital

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CwSH28g2VCs August 10, 2026 - New York City...

From discovery to company

A growing volume of UB research is finding its...

Trump ditched cabinet secretaries as ‘sacrificial lambs’ on decoy plane: NYT



President Donald Trump left his cabinet secretaries and top advisers on a plane threatened by Iran while he moved to safety, The New York Times reported.

Air Force One was targeted by Iran as he left a NATO summit in Turkey, but reports are surfacing that Trump switched planes by hiding in a catering cart. However, the latest reporting by The Times reveals Trump also ditched Secretary of State Marco Rubio and Treasury Secretary Scott Bessent, and traveling press, who were "kept in the dark."

Two anonymous officials told Times reporter Maggie Haberman that Stephen Miller, Trump's top domestic policy adviser, and Steven Cheung, the White House communications director, were also left on the threatened decoy plane. Trump meanwhile left Ankara, Turkey, aboard a C-32A military jet.

According to Haberman's reporting, Rubio knew about the threat from Iran and that he was traveling on a plane that had been targeted for an attack. However, it's unclear if other top White House officials knew about the threat too.

The anonymous officials who spoke with Haberman said that at least some of the White House staff who also left on the endangered plane were unaware of the threat.

A White House spokesman didn't respond to a request from The Times for comment about the discussion to decide who would be left on the threatened plane and who would be whisked to safety with Trump.

The New York Times's reporting did, however, include a comment from Andrew Marlowe, the Hollywood screenwriter of the 1997 Harrison Ford thriller "Air Force One."

Marlowe told The Times that even though the Secret Service was trying to keep Trump safe, the optics of the reporting that has been coming out don't make him look good.

"Now real life isn't a movie, but given the circumstances, I'm not sure I could ever script a moment like that for a heroic main character," Marlowe said. "If the threat were that great, it's hard to imagine the audience rooting for any character who would trade his own safety by treating the remaining civilians onboard as potential sacrificial lambs, especially without their informed consent."

Ex-NBA Player Royce White Announces Presidential Bid After Getting Crushed in Senate Primary

Ex-NBA player Royce White announced he's running for president after a crushing defeat in Minnesota's Republican primary for U.S. Senate.

The post Ex-NBA Player Royce White Announces Presidential Bid After Getting Crushed in Senate Primary first appeared on Mediaite.