Around Our Network
Ticket Giveaway! Duane Betts at UB CFA April 25
Where the Bands Are: This Week in Live Music and Concert News
“I Wanna Go Where People Care” | Steve Levy On His Career And The 2026 Playoffs | Buffalo Sabres
ICE seizes advocate for migrant farmworkers
“Ostlund’s Real Close” | Lindy Ruff With Noah Ostlund Injury Update Ahead Of Game 3 | Buffalo Sabres
On Earth Day, UB announces major milestone in carbon neutrality goal
Ted Cruz’s inadvertent admission on Fox News brutally mocked by observers

Sen. Ted Cruz (R-TX) was brutally mocked by political analysts and observers after he made an inadvertent admission during an interview on Fox News.
Cruz joined Fox News host Sean Hannity for an interview on Monday, where the two discussed the potential impact of the upcoming midterm elections. Cruz pointed out that Democrats like Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (D-NY) want to pass policies that could stifle entrepreneurial growth in America. However, Cruz may have told too much of the truth in making that point, according to some analysts.
"By the way, AOC also said it is impossible for someone to earn a billion dollars," Cruz said. "Which, look, I recognize for her, given she was a bartender, that is probably true. No disrespect to bartenders. Bartenders are an honorable profession. But she went from that to being a government employee and a parasite sucking on the taxpayer."
Some political analysts and observers called out Cruz for the notable phrase he included in his answer.
"Ted Cruz just called himself a parasite sucking on the taxpayer," Hemant Mehta, a former "Jeopardy!" champion, posted on X.
"Love him calling himself a parasite," comedian Sam Weber posted on X.
"Ted Cruz seems to have forgotten what he is, and what he was," John F. Clark, professor emeritus of media studies at the University of Kentucky, posted on X. "He’s never done anything but go to school, do some lawyering, and then go to work for the government. We need more bartenders and fewer lawyers in Congress."
CRUZ: AOC also said it is impossible for anybody to earn a billion dollars. Which, look, I recognize for her, given she was a bartender, that is probably true. No disrespect to bartenders—bartenders are an honorable profession. But she went from that to being a government… pic.twitter.com/USR49YVXX0
— Acyn (@Acyn) May 12, 2026
Town of Tonawanda Bd. expected to appoint John Flynn as supervisor
‘Don’t Be a Dick’: Bakari Sellers Scolds ‘Utterly Disrespectful’ Kevin O’Leary in Tense Exchange
CNN NewsNight panelist Bakari Sellers scolded "utterly disrespectful" Kevin O’Leary in a tense exchange on Monday night.
The post ‘Don’t Be a Dick’: Bakari Sellers Scolds ‘Utterly Disrespectful’ Kevin O’Leary in Tense Exchange first appeared on Mediaite.
New DOJ order ‘forever bars’ US from tax claims against Trump family

The Department of Justice has issued an order permanently barring the United States from pursuing any tax claims or other legal actions against President Donald Trump, his family, his trusts, and his companies, according to a Justice Department document signed Tuesday by Acting Attorney General Todd Blanche.
The order, issued in connection with the settlement of Trump v. Internal Revenue Service, stated, "The United States RELEASES, WAIVES, ACQUITS, and FOREVER DISCHARGES" the plaintiffs and is "FOREVER BARRED and PRECLUDED from prosecuting or pursuing, any and all claims, counterclaims, causes of action, appeals, or requests for any relief" against Trump or related parties.
The settlement agreement had already created what the DOJ calls Trump's "Anti-Weaponization Fund," a $1.776 billion taxpayer-funded pot to compensate people who claim they were politically targeted by previous administrations.
The barred claims include anything that "have been or could have been asserted" against the plaintiffs arising from three categories: matters raised or that could have been raised in the case or pending agency claims; "Lawfare and/or Weaponization"; or "any matters currently pending or that could be pending (including tax returns filed before the Effective Date) before Defendants or other agencies or departments."
The order was first flagged by CBS News reporter Scott MacFarlane.
During testimony on Tuesday, Blanche defended the $1.776 billion fund and was accused of still acting as Trump's personal attorney.
MeidasTouch wrote in reaction, "Trump's personal attorney is at it again."

