Elon Musk: I’m not donating $45M a month to Trump

(NewsNation) — Tesla and SpaceX CEO Elon Musk says he’s not donating $45 million of his own money a month to bolster Donald Trump’s presidential campaign.

The Wall Street Journal reported July 15 that the tech billionaire, the world’s richest person, would commit $45 million per month to a political action committee dedicated to fighting for the Republican former president’s election win in November.

However, on Monday, Musk denied this, telling conservative philosopher Jordan Peterson in an interview on X, which Musk owns, that “what’s been reported in the media is simply not true.”

That said, Musk still supports Trump, as Musk told Peterson that the former president showed “great courage” in surviving an attempted assassination. The attack led to Musk endorsing Trump for November’s election, a move the CEO says is not based on Trump’s “cult of personality” but instead on a set of shared values.

Both Musk and his chosen candidate have reasons for money to be unhappily on their minds.

Musk’s Tesla recently announced that its second-quarter profits declined 45% from this time last year. Meanwhile, Trump’s Democratic electoral opponent, Vice President Kamala Harris, has raised over $100 million in campaign funds in the first two days of her presidential campaign following President Joe Biden’s exit from the race.

Related articles

Ted Cruz’s inadvertent admission on Fox News brutally mocked by observers



Sen. Ted Cruz (R-TX) was brutally mocked by political analysts and observers after he made an inadvertent admission during an interview on Fox News.

Cruz joined Fox News host Sean Hannity for an interview on Monday, where the two discussed the potential impact of the upcoming midterm elections. Cruz pointed out that Democrats like Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (D-NY) want to pass policies that could stifle entrepreneurial growth in America. However, Cruz may have told too much of the truth in making that point, according to some analysts.

"By the way, AOC also said it is impossible for someone to earn a billion dollars," Cruz said. "Which, look, I recognize for her, given she was a bartender, that is probably true. No disrespect to bartenders. Bartenders are an honorable profession. But she went from that to being a government employee and a parasite sucking on the taxpayer."

Some political analysts and observers called out Cruz for the notable phrase he included in his answer.

"Ted Cruz just called himself a parasite sucking on the taxpayer," Hemant Mehta, a former "Jeopardy!" champion, posted on X.

"Love him calling himself a parasite," comedian Sam Weber posted on X.

"Ted Cruz seems to have forgotten what he is, and what he was," John F. Clark, professor emeritus of media studies at the University of Kentucky, posted on X. "He’s never done anything but go to school, do some lawyering, and then go to work for the government. We need more bartenders and fewer lawyers in Congress."