2 FSU shooting victims to be released from hospital

(NewsNation) — Two people are dead and six are injured after a shooting on Florida State University’s campus on Thursday in Tallahassee.

Authorities have not released the names of the victims, but the two who died were not students at the school.

Students described the atmosphere Thursday as they were instructed to shelter in place while law enforcement cleared the nearly 500-acre campus.

“It’s unfortunate, but I’ve grown up in this time that school shootings and campus shootings are common enough,” FSU junior Ryan Cedergren said. “I just knew I’d be calm and hide and do what I could.”

Tallahassee Memorial HealthCare treated six victims of the shooting. Two are expected to be released Friday, three are in good condition and one remains in fair condition, officials said.

A vigil is planned for Friday evening on campus.

Related articles

New DOJ order ‘forever bars’ US from tax claims against Trump family



The Department of Justice has issued an order permanently barring the United States from pursuing any tax claims or other legal actions against President Donald Trump, his family, his trusts, and his companies, according to a Justice Department document signed Tuesday by Acting Attorney General Todd Blanche.

The order, issued in connection with the settlement of Trump v. Internal Revenue Service, stated, "The United States RELEASES, WAIVES, ACQUITS, and FOREVER DISCHARGES" the plaintiffs and is "FOREVER BARRED and PRECLUDED from prosecuting or pursuing, any and all claims, counterclaims, causes of action, appeals, or requests for any relief" against Trump or related parties.

The settlement agreement had already created what the DOJ calls Trump's "Anti-Weaponization Fund," a $1.776 billion taxpayer-funded pot to compensate people who claim they were politically targeted by previous administrations.

The barred claims include anything that "have been or could have been asserted" against the plaintiffs arising from three categories: matters raised or that could have been raised in the case or pending agency claims; "Lawfare and/or Weaponization"; or "any matters currently pending or that could be pending (including tax returns filed before the Effective Date) before Defendants or other agencies or departments."

The order was first flagged by CBS News reporter Scott MacFarlane.

During testimony on Tuesday, Blanche defended the $1.776 billion fund and was accused of still acting as Trump's personal attorney.

MeidasTouch wrote in reaction, "Trump's personal attorney is at it again."

Did Trump say, ‘Nobody knows God better than me’? Don’t be fooled

Social media users shared a screenshot allegedly showing that President Donald Trump posted the quote on Truth Social.

Did Kash Patel snorkel at Pearl Harbor memorial? We investigated

The FBI director took part in an authorized tour around the sunken USS Arizona, which is off-limits to the public. The tour's purpose is unclear.