“Two Points Would Have Been Nice” | Alex Lyon After Overtime Loss To Utah Mammoth | Buffalo Sabres


Buffalo Sabres goaltender Alex Lyon spoke to the media after a 2-1 overtime loss to the Utah Mammoth on November 4, 2025. Lyon talked about the strong goaltender battle in this game and what ended up happening in overtime that led to the loss. He discussed what the team needs to do to start getting the extra point when going to OT and how they can build off this.

Subscribe to the Buffalo Sabres YT Channel: https://bit.ly/2G1G8eT
For More Sabres Action: https://bufsabres.co/2XAYg5m

#BuffaloSabres #Sabres #NHL

For more Sabres action: Sabres.com
Follow us on X: twitter.com/BuffaloSabres
Follow us on TikTok: https://bufsabres.co/TikTok
Follow us on Instagram: Instagram.com/buffalosabres
Like us on Facebook: facebook.com/buffalosabres

Related articles

In South Texas, the GOP immigration hard line is now political kryptonite

Texas Republicans bet on continuing to win over Latino voters. Then Trump began his aggressive deportation campaign.

The Gateway Tunnel

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1BpQxPdernk I've got a message for the White...

Fumbling Kristi Noem ends presser when asked whether CPB hit a party balloon with a laser



Homeland Security Secretary Kristi Noem abruptly shut down a news conference Friday after being pressed about reports that Border Patrol officials may have mistakenly targeted party balloons with a high-energy laser, triggering a brief airspace shutdown over El Paso, Texas.

The moment came during a press conference in Phoenix, where a reporter asked Noem to clarify why the Federal Aviation Administration had abruptly closed the airspace over El Paso earlier this week – a decision that was reversed just eight hours later with little explanation.

When the subject came up on Friday, Noem declined to answer directly.

“This was a joint agency task force mission that was undertaken, and we're continuing to work on the communication through that,” Noem said. “But recognize we’re grateful for the partnership of the Department of War and the FAA as we go forward. Thank you.”

As the reporter attempted to follow up, Noem immediately cut off the exchange.

“All right, thanks everybody," she said, abruptly ending the news conference before additional questions could be asked.

According to multiple reports, the closure followed a test by Customs and Border Protection at nearby Fort Bliss of a high-energy laser against suspected foreign drones, which turned out to be party balloons.

Officials from the FAA and the Pentagon are scheduled to meet on Feb. 20 to discuss the technology and its potential risk to civilian aircraft.

Q: Can you confirm that CBP actually hit a party balloon it thought was a drone with a laser? And why wasn't that coordinated with the FAA?KRISTI NOEM: You know, this was a joint agency task force, um, mission that was undertaken. And um, we're continuing to work on communication*ends presser*

[image or embed]
— Aaron Rupar (@atrupar.com) February 13, 2026 at 1:28 PM