Here is the line-up for the 2012-2013 series:
DAVID BROOKS, Thursday, Sept. 20, 2012, 8 PM, Center for the Arts
OpEd Columnist, New York Times; Political/Social Analyst; Best Selling Author
LAURA BUSH, Wednesday, Oct. 10, 2012, 8 PM, Alumni Arena
BLAKE MYCOSKIE, Thursday, Nov. 15, 2012, 8 PM, Alumni Arena
TOMS Founder and Chief Shoe Giver; Author of the 2012 UB Reads Selection “Start Something That Matters”
WALTER MOSLEY, Thursday, Feb. 28, 2013, 8 PM, Center for the Arts
Novelist and Social Commentator
STEVEN PINKER, Wednesday, Mar. 27, 2013, 8 PM, Center for the Arts
World Renowned Cognitive Scientist
STEVE MARTIN, Saturday, April 27, 2013, 8 PM, Alumni Arena
Actor, Comedian, Author, Playwright, Producer and Musician
To purchase series subscriptions and/or additional individual lecture tickets, please use the ticket order form at: www.buffalo.edu/dss/tickets . Series orders are being accepted by the ALUMNI ARENA Ticket Office. All seats are ‘up close and personal’ with our speakers, as we provide big screen image magnification for all of our lectures. You are welcome to visit the Alumni Arena Ticket Office (M-F, 9-5), or send in your order form with a note detailing your requests. Series subscription orders will be mailed out no later than Sept. 12 for orders received by Aug. 31.
- All series subscribers (those subscribing to the entire series) will save 10% off the aggregate list price of the individual lecture tickets.
- UB community members, including UB Alumni Association members, may be eligible for additional discounts and should visit www.buffalo.edu/dss/tickets for details.
- All series subscribers will receive a DSS Patron Card from the University Bookstore that provides a 15% discount on purchases made at the North Campus store (textbooks, software & NY Times bestsellers excluded).
- For each Tier 1 or Tier 2 series subscription purchase, we will send you a coupon for a free copy of Blake Mycoskie’s “Start Something That Matters.” These book coupons are redeemable exclusively at the University Bookstore (North Campus).
- Additionally, for your order of Tier 1 or Tier 2 series subscriptions, you will receive a reserved parking pass (1 per every 1-3 subscriptions) for preferred parking in the Lake LaSalle Lot.
Individual lecture tickets go on sale Aug. 16, with Bush, Mycoskie and Martin being sold through UB’s Alumni Arena Ticket Office and TicketMaster; Brooks, Mosley and Pinker tickets will be available through UB’s Center for the Arts Ticket Office (visit www.ubcfa.org for online ticket purchase options). Please go to our speakers series website (listed below) for more information on individual lecture ticket sales.
In addition to e-mail notices, you may wish to sign up to receive timely updates/announcements from us by text message; just text JoinDSS to 88202. (Standard message and data rates may apply.) Also consider ‘liking’ our Facebook page to keep up with speaker news, event updates, contests and more; visit www.facebook.com/ubdss.