Kansas City Chiefs fans found dead have no answers: Family

(NewsNation) — Questions remain after three men were found dead outside of a Kansas City home last week. Now, family and friends of the deceased are demanding answers.

David Harrington, Ricky Johnson and Clayton McGeeney reportedly visited a friend’s house on Jan. 7 to watch the Chief’s game. However, they never made it back home.

Two days later, after not being able to get ahold of them, the fiancé to one of the men broke into the home and discovered one of their bodies on the back porch.

Once police arrived, the two other bodies were found in the backyard. The resident of the home had reportedly been at the home and spoke with police. He was not arrested, and told police the three men froze to death.

By the next day, police ruled out any foul play, affirming it was a death investigation, not a homicide case. Police have not revealed what led them to that conclusion.

“This is a death investigation with no suspected foul play. We expect the medical examiner to rule on a cause of death within the next week,” the Kansas City Police Department said in a statement.

However, family and friends believe circumstances around how these men died don’t add up.

“I’m furious. Everybody is furious,” Harrington’s mother Jennifer Marquez said. “Nobody believes this story. None of his friends, none of the families, none of us believe it.”

Johnson’s mother, Norma Chester, said the man who lived in the house should be arrested and at least investigated, but she feels the police aren’t doing anything to advance the case.

Many of the victims’ family members feel the police haven’t been taking steps to investigate the case.

However, the Kansas City Police Department told NewsNation that the next phase in the investigation is determining the medical examiner’s cause of death. Until those findings are available and conducted, the investigation can’t move forward.

The police said that the medical examiner’s report will help drive any additional investigative steps. The department also doubled down on the fact that investigators have initially ruled there wasn’t any foul play.

“There are many different things that don’t add up that we just don’t understand and how somebody would not be at least be investigated,” Johnson’s brother Jonathan Price said.

Price said Johnson and his two buddies — Harrington and McGeeney — were inseparable. However, Price did not know of the host before his brother and friends were found dead at the guy’s property.

“We don’t know how they became associated together,” Price said.

Chester told NewsNation she fears her son and his friends might have been poisoned. However, police have not come to that conclusion, nor have the toxicology reports been completed to support that claim.

“I don’t like to speculate very much,” Price said. “But my brother was a smart man, and there’s no way that he would just freeze to death. Freezing to death is not a cause of death that I would accept.”

Johnson’s family hopes that the toxicology report can help answer some of these questions and that law enforcement will use the proper tools to investigate their deaths properly.

Related articles

New DOJ order ‘forever bars’ US from tax claims against Trump family



The Department of Justice has issued an order permanently barring the United States from pursuing any tax claims or other legal actions against President Donald Trump, his family, his trusts, and his companies, according to a Justice Department document signed Tuesday by Acting Attorney General Todd Blanche.

The order, issued in connection with the settlement of Trump v. Internal Revenue Service, stated, "The United States RELEASES, WAIVES, ACQUITS, and FOREVER DISCHARGES" the plaintiffs and is "FOREVER BARRED and PRECLUDED from prosecuting or pursuing, any and all claims, counterclaims, causes of action, appeals, or requests for any relief" against Trump or related parties.

The settlement agreement had already created what the DOJ calls Trump's "Anti-Weaponization Fund," a $1.776 billion taxpayer-funded pot to compensate people who claim they were politically targeted by previous administrations.

The barred claims include anything that "have been or could have been asserted" against the plaintiffs arising from three categories: matters raised or that could have been raised in the case or pending agency claims; "Lawfare and/or Weaponization"; or "any matters currently pending or that could be pending (including tax returns filed before the Effective Date) before Defendants or other agencies or departments."

The order was first flagged by CBS News reporter Scott MacFarlane.

During testimony on Tuesday, Blanche defended the $1.776 billion fund and was accused of still acting as Trump's personal attorney.

MeidasTouch wrote in reaction, "Trump's personal attorney is at it again."

Who’s Paying for the White House Ballroom?

Q: Has President Trump asked for a billion dollars...

Under Trump, courts stacked against immigrants

{"@context":"http://schema.org/","@id":"https://investigativepost.org/2026/05/19/under-trump-immigration-courts-stacked-against-migrants/#arve-youtube-2ixvchd7w-s-2","type":"VideoObject","embedURL":"https://www.youtube-nocookie.com/embed/2IXvChd7W-s?feature=oembed&iv_load_policy=3&modestbranding=1&rel=0&autohide=1&playsinline=0&autoplay=0"} Prior to Donald Trump’s return to office, the immigration...