Decline in Christianity among US adults slowing: Study

(NewsNation) — The number of Americans who identify as Christian has declined over the years, but a new study from the Pew Research Center shows that may be slowing.

The Religious Landscape Study found that 62% of adults identified as Christian, down from 78% when Pew conducted a similar study in 2007.

Since 2019, the decline started to level off, and the number of Christian adults in the United States stayed between 60% and 64%.

In the different branches of Christianity in the U.S., 40% identified as Protestant, 19% identified as Catholic and 3% identified as Christian without specifying a certain denomination.

Although the number is down from 58% in the 2007 survey, the number of Americans who said they pray every day has held between 44% and 46% since 2021. In the recent survey, 44% said they pray at least once a day.

The survey was conducted between 2023 and 2024 and included nearly 37,000 adults in the U.S.

Related articles

Senator GRILLS Todd Blanche over Ghislaine Maxwell meeting and cover-up

Visit https://meidasplus.com for more! MeidasTouch relies on SnapStream...

New DOJ order ‘forever bars’ US from tax claims against Trump family



The Department of Justice has issued an order permanently barring the United States from pursuing any tax claims or other legal actions against President Donald Trump, his family, his trusts, and his companies, according to a Justice Department document signed Tuesday by Acting Attorney General Todd Blanche.

The order, issued in connection with the settlement of Trump v. Internal Revenue Service, stated, "The United States RELEASES, WAIVES, ACQUITS, and FOREVER DISCHARGES" the plaintiffs and is "FOREVER BARRED and PRECLUDED from prosecuting or pursuing, any and all claims, counterclaims, causes of action, appeals, or requests for any relief" against Trump or related parties.

The settlement agreement had already created what the DOJ calls Trump's "Anti-Weaponization Fund," a $1.776 billion taxpayer-funded pot to compensate people who claim they were politically targeted by previous administrations.

The barred claims include anything that "have been or could have been asserted" against the plaintiffs arising from three categories: matters raised or that could have been raised in the case or pending agency claims; "Lawfare and/or Weaponization"; or "any matters currently pending or that could be pending (including tax returns filed before the Effective Date) before Defendants or other agencies or departments."

The order was first flagged by CBS News reporter Scott MacFarlane.

During testimony on Tuesday, Blanche defended the $1.776 billion fund and was accused of still acting as Trump's personal attorney.

MeidasTouch wrote in reaction, "Trump's personal attorney is at it again."